Child pages
  • Contributions

ONF OIMT & OTCC 2018.06 Ottawa Interim Meeting Agenda Plan

Meeting Venue: Holiday Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata, 101 Kanata Avenue, Kanata, Ontario, K2T 1E6

 

Timing

Monday – Thursday: P1 (9:00 – 10:30) break P2 (11:00 – 13:00) Lunch (13:00 – 14:00) P3 (14:00 – 15:30) break P4 (16:00 – 17:30)

Friday: P1 (9:00 – 10:30) break P2 (11:00 – 13:00) Lunch (13:00 – 14:00) P3 (14:00 – 15:30) break P4 (16:00 – 17:30)                                          

 

Room allocation: Algonquin Salon A&B (can be divided if needed)

Monday, …

  •  

Tuesday, … 

  •  

Remote Participation:

Key topics:

  • Future strategic direction: 6 & 12 months goals & vision Monday
    • Internal: How can we be more relevant to ONF (need to allocate leader)
      • alignment with ONF strategic plan
      • go through each ONF project and list possible collaborations (CORD, Stratum ...)
    • External : Strategy for other standards bodies/Open source activities (need to allocate leader)
      • moving together
      • opportunities / threats / SWOT analysis brainstorm with yellow sticky notes
        • Moving more towards Intent and TOSCA – machine to machine interaction strategy
        • System spec / schema spec and relation to TOSCA (e.g., generalizing the LTP, FC, PC specs)
    • Strengthening the usage of patterns in solutions (need to allocate leader)
      • Explore and apply/reject other patterns
      •  
    • TR-512 v2.0 plan (10 minutes per topic)
      • Review outstanding it ems from 1.4 /1.5 (Kam/Nigel)
      • Strengthen the use of Component-Port pattern , e.g. port for LTPs (Nigel)
      • Improve the Component-System pattern description and relation to TOSCA etc (Nigel)
      • Semantic versioning (Martin/Nigel)
      • Event driven solutions (Chris/Nigel)
      • Expressing capability and needs   especially system/scheme spec (Ni gel)
      • Goal/Outcome and subgraph occurrence (Nigel)
      • Interface architectural patterns (Nigel/Karthik)
      • Interface generation tooling (Karthik)
      • Pru ning and refactoring method and tooling (Nigel)
      1. Model structure (Chris)
      •  
    • Review cleaned up version of detailed action item spreadsheet ( Kam/Nigel: off -line)
  • Reviewing TR-512 v1.4 for publication (each will be allocated one slot) Tuesday - Thursday
    • Control model (Nigel)
    • Photonic/Media/Layer 0 model examples (Nigel)
      • Including s pec enhancements for photonics
      • Including Equipment model enhancements and refinements for photonics
    • Software model (Chris)

Note that the following will be reviewed on calls

  • Layer 1 examples
  • Layer 2 examples
  • TAPI 2.1 model review Tuesday - Thursday
    • OAM model for TAPI (Andrea)
      • Including OAM model (normalized TCM, MEP, MIP)
    • Ethernet model update (Andrea)
    • OTSi media model (Nigel /Stephane )
    • Structural changes and issues (Karthik)

Note that the Equipment model will be constructed off-line by Karthik/Nigel

  • TAPI 3.0
    • Connection management ( Karthik/ Stephane)
  • TR-512 v1.5 detailed work
    • Model structure (Chris)
  • TR 512 v2.0 detailed work
    • LTP port (Nigel)
    • Capability (Nigel)
  • Guidelines   Tuesday - Thursday
    • Backward compatibility (model + generated artefacts) (Martin)
    • Other guideline work (Bernd)
      • UML modeling (including OCL)
      • Tooling consideration
      • UML to YANG mapping

Note that Pruning/refactoring will be dealt with after the meeting

  • Review & Summarize (1/2 day) Friday AM
    • Review work items for next 6 months
    • Prioritize work list spreadsheet
    • Recap of action items from the F2F


 

Day

P

OIMT & OT-IM & TAPI Joint

Document

Mon

11 th

 

20

1

Admin [10 minutes] (Nigel/Kam/Lyndon)

  • Meeting logistics
  • Agenda summary

 

Strategic: 6 & 12 months goals & vision

  • Internal & External strategy

 

2

Strategic: 6 & 12 months goals & vision (cont.)

  • Internal & External strategy

 

3

Strategic: 6 & 12 months goals & vision (cont.)

  •   Pattern

 

4

Strategic: 6 & 12 months goals & vision (cont.)

  •   TR-512 v2.0 plan

 

Tue

12 th

 

1

Topic

  • Compatibility for model and generated artefacts (Martin)
  • Control model for Core v1.4   (Nigel)

 

2

Topic

  • Model structure for Core v 1.5 (Chris)

 

3

Topic

  • OAM for TAPI 2.1 ( Karthik ) Ethernet model for TAPI for TAPI 2.1 (Andrea)

 

4

Topic

  • Ethernet model for TAPI for TAPI 2.1 (Andrea)
  •   Structural changes and issues for TAPI 2.1 (Karthik)

 

Wed

13 th

 

1

Topic

  •   Photonic/Media/L0 model examples for   Core v1.4 (Nigel)
    • Including spec enhancements for photonics
    • Including Equipment model enhancements and refinements for photonics
  •  

 

2

Topic

  • Photonic /Media/L0 for TAPI 2.1 ( Karthik/ Nigel/Stephane)  

Focus on the modeling

3

Topic

  • Connection management for TAPI 3.0 (Karthik/Stephane)

 

4

Topic

  • Structural changes and issues for TAPI 2.1 (Karthik)
  •   OAM for TAPI 2.1 (Andrea)

 

Thu

14 th

 

1

Topic

  • Control model for Core v1.4 (Nigel)
  • Compatibility for model and generated artefacts (Martin)  

 

2

Topic

  •   Software Model for Core v1.4 (Chris)

 

3

Topic

  •   Guidelines (Bernd)
    • UML modeling (including OCL)
    • Tooling consideration
    • UML to YANG mapping
  •  

Will focus more on OCL – how and where

4

Topic

  •   Capability model for Core v2.0 (Nigel)
  • LTP port for Core v2.0 (Nigel)

 

Fri

15 th

 

1

Topic

  • TAPI Equipment model (Karthik/Nigel)
  • Review & Summarize
    • Review work items for next 6 months
    • Prioritise work list spreadsheet
    • Recap of action items from the F2F  

 

2

Topic

  • Review & Summarize
    • Review work items for next 6 months
    • Prioritise work list spreadsheet
  • Recap of action items from the F2F     Review & Summarize (cont.)

 

3

Topic

  •  

 

4

Topic

  •