Child pages
  • 2022-01-07 IISOMI Meeting notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 25 Next »

Date

Attendees

Apologies:

Agenda

  • Administrative
  • UML → YANG Mapping Tool funding
  • Papyrus Releases
    • Consider a plan for convergence of ITU-T Q14/15, ONF Common IM and TAPI to 2020-06 (4.16) version
  • Proposals of capturing discussion items
  • Feature/condition
  • Convention of UML property names in document/comment/description
  • Papyrus-Model2Doc further investigations?
  • Private GitHub
  • Public GitHub cleanup
  • Gendoc Issues: output for Interfaces, Operations, Associations, Abstractions 
  • Modular and decoupled modeling process
  • Agenda of next call
  • AOB

Discussion items

#

Time

Item

Who

Notes

15 minAdmin: Call planAll

 Leader: Nigel 

 Leader: Scott (Bernd not available) 

 Leader: Andrea

 Leader: Nigel

Leader: Kam

Leader: Bernd

Leader: Scott

210 min

Admin: IISOMI Action Items status

All

IISOMI Action Items review (every meeting)

Action items done

  • Nigel Davis  determine whether ONF can create IISOMI Jira.

Refreshed Action Items

  • Andrea Mazzini  Create a Guideline/Tooling wiki page(s) for listing the tasks
  • Scott Mansfield  To take the gendoc examples from the guidelines and perform regression test. 
    • Also decide on version of gendoc and Papyrus
  •  Scott Mansfield  To investigate why none of the <<cond>> is retrieved from the model (confirm with Andrea Mazzini 
    • Andrea indicated the had attempted to apply analogous rules to member-end to include other properties. Andrea tried various techniques to get client and supplier but with no success 
      • Probably need to review the UML metadata
    • Andrea was able to print the target string
  • Scott Mansfield To investigate how to get client and server values for an abstraction association for gendoc.
  • Nigel Davis  determine what Jira form structure etc. ONF can create IISOMI. Provide example/detail etc. for discussion.


30minUML → YANG Mapping Tool fundingMartin

O-RAN cooperation

October 1: O-RAN policy has changed collaboration rules. (O-RAN Alliance is registered in Germany)

October 15: Martin Skorupski checked with O-RAN the tooling funding status.  There is hope, not dead, but not moving either. 

Martin Skorupski  Get a written statement from O-RAN leadership on state of tooling funding's

November 19 discussion: Martin reported on the progress of requesting funding from O-RAN for UML-YANG tooling. The proposal will be up for voting in O-RAN.  


42minPapyrus Releases

Papyrus Releases

November 19 discussion: The TR-512 v1.5 Core model was developed using Eclipse 2019-09. It the model can migrate to 2020-06 seamlessly, Q14/15 might move G.7711 v4.0 (12/2021 consent) also to Eclipse 2020-06. To verify the seamless migration: 

  • Nigel Davis  Try to move TR-512 v1.5 core model to 2020-06 (4.16) Eclipse
  • Hing-Kam Lam Try to move TR-512 v1.5 core model to 2020-06 (4.16) Eclipse

2021-12-03: 

  • from Kam - diagrams from TR-512 v1.5 core model on 2020-06 (4.16) Eclipse looks fine
  • proposal for next week ITU-T: IISOMI moves to 2020-06, because gen-doc works find 
  • TAPI will follow after some tests will be done by Andrea Mazzini 
55 min

Proposals for capturing discussion items 


Prior discussion: 2021-10-29 IISOMI Meeting Minutes #2

Prior discussion pointed out that:

  • a private repository is not the appropriate place for the items since not everyone has access to this
  • the ONF GitHub is publicly available but not all participants are allowed to contribute to it
  • there is no single ONF repository which could host such Issues; IISOMI is spread over many repositories
  • it might be possible to cover the discussions in Wiki pages
  • new discussions should be captured in the Meeting Minutes and then copied to the Wiki pages
  • Bernd Zeuner  Draft an example Wiki page that capture an discussion item

Proposal wiki page from Bernd for capturing discussion items:

2022-01-07:

  • Follow-up after progress made with Jira ( ) as per action for Nigel Davis 
70minFeature/condition

Prior discussion: IISOMI 2021-09-03 Meeting Minutes, #3

81 min

Convention of UML property names in document/comment/description

Prior discussion: 2021-10-29 IISOMI Meeting Minutes #5

  • Bernd Zeuner  Update the Mapping Guidelines with a rule that artefact names within the descriptions should be converted to YANG style.

2022-01-07:

9
Papyrus-Model2Doc feature

Prior discussion: 2021-05-28 IISOMI Meeting notes #3

10

Private GitHub

11

Cleanup of the existing public GitHub (ONF EAGLE), rationalize the forks/branches

Prior discussion: IISOMI 2021-09-24 Meeting Minutes #10

12

GenDoc Issues

Prior discussion: 2021-05-28 IISOMI Meeting notes #6

1310minModular and decoupled modeling process

2021-12-03

from OIMT

CoreModel FD - to of the tree

Composed FC-Switch .... with no sense if independent

.

Driver of Model structure (arrangement)

usage of stereo-types

  • aggregate
  • leaf
  • admin relationships
  • Chris has nice ideas - but needs to be further analyzed.

First try of "modelling profiles" on CoreModel

Target:

  • Split CoreModel in "smaller" parts - decoupling 
  • Rules needs to be described/defined/documented.

Further details:

2022-01-07:

  • Nigel Davis noted that OIMT have agreed to develop the profile and apply to a part of the core as an example. This can be presented to IISOMI in February.
  • Nigel Davis Provide an overview of the DDD trial profile and show application to the core model.
14
Agenda of next callAll
  • Administrative
  • UML → YANG Mapping Tool funding
  • Papyrus Releases
    • Consider a plan for convergence of ITU-T Q14/15, ONF Common IM and TAPI to 2020-06 (4.16) version
  • Proposals of capturing discussion items
  • Feature/condition
  • Convention of UML property names in document/comment/description
  • Papyrus-Model2Doc further investigations?
  • Private GitHub
  • Public GitHub cleanup
  • Gendoc Issues: output for Interfaces, Operations, Associations, Abstractions 
  • Modular and decoupled modeling process
  • Agenda of next call
  • AOB

Action items

Date

Attendees (to be updated during the meeting)

Apologies:

Agenda

  • Administrative
  • UML → YANG Mapping Tool funding
  • Papyrus Releases
    • Consider a plan for convergence of ITU-T Q14/15, ONF Common IM and TAPI to 2020-06 (4.16) version
  • Proposals of capturing discussion items
  • Feature/condition
  • Convention of UML property names in document/comment/description
  • Papyrus-Model2Doc further investigations?
  • Private GitHub
  • Public GitHub cleanup
  • Gendoc Issues: output for Interfaces, Operations, Associations, Abstractions 
  • Modular and decoupled modeling process
  • Agenda of next call
  • AOB

Discussion items

#

Time

Item

Who

Notes

15 minAdmin: Call planAll

 Leader: Nigel 

 Leader: Scott (Bernd not available) 

 Leader: Andrea

 Leader: Nigel

Leader: Kam

Leader: Bernd

Leader: Scott

210 min

Admin: IISOMI Action Items status

All

IISOMI Action Items review (every meeting)

Action items done

  • Nigel Davis  determine whether ONF can create IISOMI Jira.

Refreshed Action Items

  • Andrea Mazzini  Create a Guideline/Tooling wiki page(s) for listing the tasks
  • Scott Mansfield  To take the gendoc examples from the guidelines and perform regression test. 
    • Also decide on version of gendoc and Papyrus
  •  Scott Mansfield  To investigate why none of the <<cond>> is retrieved from the model (confirm with Andrea Mazzini 
    • Andrea indicated the had attempted to apply analogous rules to member-end to include other properties. Andrea tried various techniques to get client and supplier but with no success 
      • Probably need to review the UML metadata
    • Andrea was able to print the target string
  • Scott Mansfield To investigate how to get client and server values for an abstraction association for gendoc.
  • Nigel Davis  determine what Jira form structure etc. ONF can create IISOMI. Provide example/detail etc. for discussion.


30minUML → YANG Mapping Tool fundingMartin

O-RAN cooperation

October 1: O-RAN policy has changed collaboration rules. (O-RAN Alliance is registered in Germany)

October 15: Martin Skorupski checked with O-RAN the tooling funding status.  There is hope, not dead, but not moving either. 

Martin Skorupski  Get a written statement from O-RAN leadership on state of tooling funding's

November 19 discussion: Martin reported on the progress of requesting funding from O-RAN for UML-YANG tooling. The proposal will be up for voting in O-RAN.  


42minPapyrus Releases

Papyrus Releases

November 19 discussion: The TR-512 v1.5 Core model was developed using Eclipse 2019-09. It the model can migrate to 2020-06 seamlessly, Q14/15 might move G.7711 v4.0 (12/2021 consent) also to Eclipse 2020-06. To verify the seamless migration: 

  • Nigel Davis  Try to move TR-512 v1.5 core model to 2020-06 (4.16) Eclipse
  • Hing-Kam Lam Try to move TR-512 v1.5 core model to 2020-06 (4.16) Eclipse

2021-12-03: 

  • from Kam - diagrams from TR-512 v1.5 core model on 2020-06 (4.16) Eclipse looks fine
  • proposal for next week ITU-T: IISOMI moves to 2020-06, because gen-doc works find 
  • TAPI will follow after some tests will be done by Andrea Mazzini 
55 min

Proposals for capturing discussion items 


Prior discussion: 2021-10-29 IISOMI Meeting Minutes #2

Prior discussion pointed out that:

  • a private repository is not the appropriate place for the items since not everyone has access to this
  • the ONF GitHub is publicly available but not all participants are allowed to contribute to it
  • there is no single ONF repository which could host such Issues; IISOMI is spread over many repositories
  • it might be possible to cover the discussions in Wiki pages
  • new discussions should be captured in the Meeting Minutes and then copied to the Wiki pages
  • Bernd Zeuner  Draft an example Wiki page that capture an discussion item

Proposal wiki page from Bernd for capturing discussion items:

2022-01-07:

  • Follow-up after progress made with Jira ( ) as per action for Nigel Davis 
70minFeature/condition

Prior discussion: IISOMI 2021-09-03 Meeting Minutes, #3

81 min

Convention of UML property names in document/comment/description

Prior discussion: 2021-10-29 IISOMI Meeting Minutes #5

  • Bernd Zeuner  Update the Mapping Guidelines with a rule that artefact names within the descriptions should be converted to YANG style.

2022-01-07:

9
Papyrus-Model2Doc feature

Prior discussion: 2021-05-28 IISOMI Meeting notes #3

10

Private GitHub

11

Cleanup of the existing public GitHub (ONF EAGLE), rationalize the forks/branches

Prior discussion: IISOMI 2021-09-24 Meeting Minutes #10

12

GenDoc Issues

Prior discussion: 2021-05-28 IISOMI Meeting notes #6

1310minModular and decoupled modeling process

2021-12-03

from OIMT

CoreModel FD - to of the tree

Composed FC-Switch .... with no sense if independent

.

Driver of Model structure (arrangement)

usage of stereo-types

  • aggregate
  • leaf
  • admin relationships
  • Chris has nice ideas - but needs to be further analyzed.

First try of "modelling profiles" on CoreModel

Target:

  • Split CoreModel in "smaller" parts - decoupling 
  • Rules needs to be described/defined/documented.

Further details:

2022-01-07:

  • Nigel Davis noted that OIMT have agreed to develop the profile and apply to a part of the core as an example. This can be presented to IISOMI in February.
  • Nigel Davis Provide an overview of the DDD trial profile and show application to the core model.
14
Agenda of next callAll
  • Administrative
  • UML → YANG Mapping Tool funding
  • Papyrus Releases
    • Consider a plan for convergence of ITU-T Q14/15, ONF Common IM and TAPI to 2020-06 (4.16) version
  • Proposals of capturing discussion items
  • Feature/condition
  • Convention of UML property names in document/comment/description
  • Papyrus-Model2Doc further investigations?
  • Private GitHub
  • Public GitHub cleanup
  • Gendoc Issues: output for Interfaces, Operations, Associations, Abstractions 
  • Modular and decoupled modeling process
  • Agenda of next call
  • AOB

Action items

  • No labels