- Released 2.2.0-RC2 and 2.1.2 (bug fix) last week
—- mainly includes bug fixes and ETH OAM updates (based on MEF feedback)
- currently discussing TAPI 3.0 items, mainly on Topology abstraction cases
—- partitioning abstraction v/s view abstraction v/s Layer abstraction
—- semi-transparent Node v/s Opaque Node
—- also discussing alignment/augmentation of TAPI topology to IETF topology (RFC 8345)
- another 3.0 discussion items include ConnectivityService enhancements to support multiple operations bundled in a single request.
- Yang related 3.0 item is whether to retain RPCs for CRUDS operations (in favor of just RESTConf Data tree)
- analyzing the open issues for TR-532
- discussing technology specific models
For OTIM: (Kam)
Q14/15 Ethernet OAM IM/DM coordination meeting held on May 20, with participants from IEEE 802.1, MEF, ONF, and SG15
- Changes in the latest Draft G.8052.1 were presented: explicitly define the G.8052.1 measurement job control, current data, and history data classes, which prune/refactor from the G.8052 defined measurement job control, current data, history data classes.
- In the discussion of gap analysis between the IEEE CFM YANG and the ITU-T G.8021 MI signals, it was agreed to propose update to G.8052 for the MEG ID to (1) allow configuration for the MEG ID subfields (CC – country code, ICC – ITU carrier code, & UMC – unique MEG ID code) and (2) support the IEEE MA format types 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Will continue the gap analysis and resolution discussion in the June 17 coordination meeting.
- The targeted approval date of G.8052.1 will deferred from July 2019 to January 2020 as IEEE 802.1Qcx will not be approved by July yet.