Assigned to Slot
a or b for 1/2 slot
|Topic Title||Lead||Length requested||Topic Description||Meeting Notes |
with Document Links
and action items
|Tue 1.1a||KL||25 mins|
Synchronized the work items with the Bubble chart from end of June 2021 vF2F
Will be reviewed at the Fri 4.1b session
|Wed 2.1||ND||55 mins|
Resource Recursion, Including ITU-T control arch/model and Exposure Context work
Resource Recursion (oimt2021.SS-001-Controller-recursion.pptx) by Stephen Shew
Streaming Model (oimt2021.ND.006_Streaming.pptx) by Nigel Davis
Continued discussion occurred in the Overflow slot (Thu 3.2b)
|Wed 2.2b||Lyndon||25 mins|
External Bodies Landscape oimt2021.LO.001_OnfStandardsUpdate.pptx
|Thu 3.1||ND||55 mins|
Nigel reported on the progress of preparing v1.5
|Thu 3.2a||LN||30 mins|
|Thu 3.2b||---||25 mins||Spare slot for any discussions that were cut short|
Overflow discussion on Yang refinement control
OAM open discussion - Notes captured in slot Wed 2.2a above.
|Fri 4.1a||Arturo||30 mins|
TIP OOPT MUST: Telecom Infra Project Open Optical and Packet Transport Mandatory Use Case Requirements for SDN for Transport
Papers can be downloaded from
ND: TAPI has a strong relationship with TIP OOPT MUST from an external perspective on TIP MUST. The TIP MUST operator community has chosen TAPI as the base model and OpenConfig for transponder model. Has provided TIP MUST the TR-547 use cases. Don't get full visibility of TIP MUST. The TIP OOPT MUST minutes are not public. We are not clear about their schedule of deliverable. We have asked liaison with TIP MUST so that we could be more prepared and proactive, instead of reactive, with TIP MUST.
SS: OIF and TIP MUST have some interaction for the upcoming OIF 2022 demo. The OIF Interoperability Working Group is preparing for the 2022 demo. There is a desire in OIF to incorporate one or more of the TIP OOPT MUST use cases in the 2022 demo. The scheduled call with TIP MUST leadership has been postponed to Sept. 15. So no additional information to share at this point.
ND: There is OIF Security work, which Jonathan is working on. I assume the security requirements will also be included in the 2022 demo.
Arturo: Has postponed the meeting of this week to next week. By then will be able to provide info regarding the alignment among TIP MUST and OIF around the use cases developed in MUST. A focus of TIP MUST is on the definition of SDN architecture by operators involved, including standardization or adoption of standards to cover the set of use cases defined by the operators in the group. The group is organized into 3 work groups: IP, Optical transport, and Microwave. On Optical and IP sides, there have been already 2 different deliverables, addressing the set of use cases for IP and Optical northbound and southbound interfaces of SDN controller. These are available in public. (See the links below.) ONF TAPI was selected for the NBI from the Optical SDN controller. Planning to release a second deliverable on the NBI shortly, targeting by the end of this month, which will extend the use cases for the NBI, to try to come up with the latest TAPI 1.1 Reference Interface Agreement. The idea is that after these use case definitions are complete, will start the second deliverable development in TIP and will ensure ONF is invited to participate. Have already discussed with Nigel and the TAPI team to see how to share information from TIP with ONF in the near future, to have good cooperation to address the operator use cases that are not fully standardized yet so that TAPI can progress on the definition. There are conversations ongoing in TIP and ONF on license amendment to ease the liaison and co-operation between TIP and ONF.
ND: 3-party Collaboration structure: OIF - testing, ONF - specification, TIP - enforcement of specification by MUST
Arturo: Documents there, use cases defined
ND: Question 1. On IP case. There is a touch point between Ethernet and IP. The controller will be controlling IP, Photonic and Ethernet pieces. How will the IP use cases and the preferred interface definition play with TAPI and where will that play?
Arturo: Technical details will come from the IP side of MUST. Going to address the multi-layer use cases. DWDM and IP over Microwave. Will be part of the hierarchical controller definition. Will take the Reference Implementation Agreement for the different domains and try to put them in place. Not expect this to be straight forward. Need discussion with IETF, ONF, OpenConfig to align the model implementation.
ND: Core model developed in this group (OIMT) is intended to be technology independent and provide a layer model that isn't TAPI but is related easily to TAPI and also to OpenConfig work easily. Having the Core model in background might help.
Arturo: Will be interested to have high level presentation on that.
Arturo: Will inform the operators about this.
ND: Question 2: Also related to the Core model. The model provides representation of the control, how controllers interact, representation of software, etc. Those areas may be of interest to TIP MUST and help resolve future challenge.
CH: We have done quite some work looking from different ways. The OIMT core model is more functional focussed.
ND: The TAPI physical model, CEP/NEP models are derived from the Core model.
ND: For hierarchical control, the control model draft document, forming of a view, that has been liaised to SG15. That might be of interest to TIP/MUST.
Arturo: Will try to make sure information flows.
ND: Core model, principle, structure.
CH: Given a use case we could show how the core model meets the need of the use cases.
TIP OOPT public documents: https://telecominfraproject.com/oopt/ → Deliverable:
That covers the use cases and reference implementation.
Arturo: Recommend to look at the white paper (in the deliverable page).
|25 mins||Includes bubble chart + task list review|
T63 is soft. To check if it is required for TAPI.
|55 mins||Includes Summary|
The work items, document list, and release plan (Bubble chart) were reviewed and updated.