ONF uses Google Groups/mailing lists and Slack as the main channels of communication between our community members. Below you will find relevant mailing lists and Slack channels to join for each ONF project. These are the "high-level" project channels. Most projects have additional mailing lists and Slack channels for project sub-teams or brigades; you should request to be added to those once you start contributing to those project areas.
The common mailing list types are as follows:
- ...-dev - used for communication between project development teams and members to discuss development and coding related issues
- ...-discuss - used for communication between project teams and members to discuss deployment and general "use" issues
- ...-announce - used for project-specific major announcements, like new releases
- ...-all - used for all project collaborators, including academia and other non-development-related folks
Not all projects have all the above list types created.
- Developer mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/opencord.org/forum/#!forum/voltha-discuss (yes, in this case ...-discuss is used for ...-dev, someone made a mistake )
- Slack channel: https://opencord.slack.com/archives/C2LG38WEQ
- Developer mailing list: TBD
- Slack channel: TBD
- For discussing ONF Skills certification programs and exams: https://groups.google.com/a/opennetworking.org/