Andrea Mazzini provides an overview of current draft model.
- Agreed that TransceiverProfile (see diagram above) shall compose a list of standard/organizational/explicit modes.
Service Model (configuration):
- Esther Le Rouzic clarifies that in ietf-optical-impairment-topology.yang the transponder is the device, which may include more transceivers (pluggables).
- Also clarified that the transceiver data type describes the properties of a single OTSi. There is no description of OTSiA properties.
- The OtsiCapabilityPac (see diagram above) has the maxNumberOfOtsi attribute, which represents the multiplexing capability of the transponder port.
- Agreed that the OtsiCapabilityPac label is misleading, as the multiplexing capability regards the OTSiA.
- Preliminary agreement that the OtsiServiceInterfacePointSpec and all its composed classes (see diagram above) will be removed and replaced by the OtsiProfile(s) referenced by the NEP.
- Clarified that the min/max-central-frequency specify the transceiver range of tunability.
- Agreed that the OTSi configuration shall not include any information regarding the spectrum. Spectrum is relevant for MC / OTSiMC.
- Agreed to remove from the model (see diagram above) the OtsiSpectrConfigPac and the spectrumBandwidth property of OtsiFreqConfigPac.
- The OTSi configuration will include the following writable parameters:
- centralFrequency (including frequency constraints: adjustment granularity and grid type)
- totalPowerWarnThresholdUpper/Lower (the rx power parameters are applicable to profile and state/measurement)
- reference to an OtsiProfile instance for all the other parameters (post meeting note: consider the read/write role in the provisioning scenario)
- Arturo asks clarification regarding min-OSNR, min-Q-factor and fec-threshold parameters.
- The ietf-optical-impairment-topology.yang comment is:
- "min OSNR measured over 0.1 nm resolution bandwidth: if received OSNR at minimum Rx-power is lower than MIN-OSNR, an increased level of bit-errors post-FEC needs to be expected."
- minimum Rx-power is specified by common-organizational-explicit-mode / rx-channel-power-min parameter.
- Clarified that the noise is only Amplified Spontaneous Emission (ASE) noise.
- Agreed that it would be useful some more explanation regarding the dependencies between these parameters.
- Brief discussion on 3R types:
- Back-to-back 3R Regenerator
- TAPI possible logical model of Back-to-back 3R Regenerator:
- Andrea Mazzini will provide an example of TAPI logical model of Cross-3R Regenerator.