Andrea Mazzini presents the updated slides (otcc2020.AM.001_TAPI_Photonic_Model_Evolution.pptx).
Summary of agreements:
- Replace all occurrences of MCA with MCG, because is inherently NOT possible to associate an overhead to an MCG.
- Similarly for OTSiMCA?
- Action everybody to carefully evaluate this proposed change, from MCA to MCG and from OTSiMCA to OTSiMCG, as we have been discussing of MCA and OTSiMCA since more than two years!
- Remove all MCA and OTSiMCA MEPs and MIPs, because ITU-T defines MCA as the monitoring capability only for the OTS and OMS spans/trails.
- To the model proposal, add DSR case, where OTSi layer directly supports DSR, without OTN (done in updated version).
- MCA/MCG slide with two add/drop ports, add example where the MCs supported by the two ports remain separate (see below).
- For further analysis: in general, a given MC "cross connection" may actually support more MC "top connections". The ROADM network provides forwarding which is more similar to multicast.
- Explore whether current TAPI definition prevents more accurate representation of the ROADM forwarding/fabric
- Explore whether a more accurate model of the ROADM forwarding/fabric is necessary
Nigel Davis shows the following picture from "TR-512.A.4_OnfCoreIm-Appendix-AnalogueAndMediaExamples-L0":