Andrea Mazzini provides a summary of the call planned last week (see 2020-08-04 TAPI Meeting Notes) to discuss detailed procedure of 2.1.x and develop/edge alignment and way forward. Attendees Arturo Mayoral, Karthik Sethuraman , Nigel Davis , Andrea Mazzini.
- Edge TapiOam cannot replace 2.1.3 TapiOam, because of different relationship with TapiNotification and usage of Identity rather than Enum.
- TAPI 2.1.4 will be a backward compatible version of 2.1.3
- A number of “modification for alignment” patches will be performed on both 2.1.x and Edge (2.1.x shall be bkw compatible, Edge not), to align as much as possible the two streams, e.g.
- 2.1.x TapiCommon: Remove resource and service spec classes
- Edge TapiConnectivity: Edge: Node/_nodeEdgePoint, modify to Node/_ownedNodeEdgePoint (aligned to 2.1.x)
- In 2.1.x some non-backward compatible modifications can be agreed and performed in case there is a clear added value (new feature / better model), e.g.
- Move from Enum to Identity.
- Replicate features of Edge (e.g. of TapiOam/TapiEth/TapiOdu) to 2.1.x, following the agreements of future discussions.
- Replicate new features of 2.1.x to Edge, to maintain general alignment.