- To be continued next week.....
- why is it not possible to attach SIPs to NNI NEPPools ?
- Note: CapacityPac: The CapacityUnit already has photonic-related units (MHz, GHz) to specify bandwidth in terms of spectrum.
- Supported transitions represents all possible transitions within the Node between the pair of NEPPools
- These "intermediate" layer NEPs will be needed to support asymmetric cases where some Nodes in the network may not be able to process all the lower layers, especially to support switching at different layers - else the presence/absence of a NEP on a given Node, will be dictated by the capability on the adjacent Node (which might be few hops away when considering the lowest Topology layer)
- Layer/Rate Transitions between the Nodes is abstracted into a Transitional link
- Assymetric Connection handoff at the network interfaces - in above case ODU2 at one end and ODU4 at other
- In above case, If SIPs may to the NEPPool, how to specify which physical port/NEP to use for connectivity?
- NEPPool should be used only when the selection of physical port can be delegated to controller (there is equivalence between the NEPs in a pool)
To be continued next week.....