| ||OIF Demo||Jonathan Sadler|
OIF invited to participate in this call. Special thanks to Jonathan for presenting the results of the OIF testing.
Reminder that OIF sent a liaison about this on August 8th: see Liaisons
Jonathan's presentation slides available at:
- Italo - Demo focused on TAPI and NRM/NRP? Yes. Also note that some sites had only one participant - relied on interLab testing in that case
- Test spec will be provided from OIF - note coverage of participant testing across features tested was pretty complete, maybe 87%
- Question on notifications - was performance evaluated? Had comments but note notification was over websocket rather than REST
- Findings document (https://wiki.opennetworking.org/download/attachments/287997985/oif2018.242.00.doc?version=1&modificationDate=1533753721000&api=v2)
- Abstraction differences
- Italo - would like to understand issues better - feature vs. issue - are there different levels of concerns? e.g. link modeling (uni- vs. bidirectional) more of an issue than providing detailed vs. abstracted view of the domain
- Jonathan - issue is where it affects triggering of actions like recovery - what gets reported to client controller - need to consider best ways to apply
- Restoration controls
- Bidirectional relationships (most discussed item)
- Karthik - may have follow up call
- URL structure
- HTTP result codes
- Notification scaling
- Identifier usage in API and vendor containment models - variability in how identifiers were generated (could derive more information than just string)
- not an issue in use of API but could be area for future guidelines
- Cross-domain link discovery
- Overall successful demo, operators very happy with results. Findings to be addressed within TAPI group with follow up joint call with OIF participants.
- If participants reached agreements with interpretation - how are these documented? The OIF technical spec provides this, while OIF test plan describes the test scenarios. OIF could liaise this to ONF, documents have not generally been made public. Also will be made available to OIF members. May need agreement from the participants.
- White paper is available, a form needs to be filled out in order for OIF to track downloads.