|90 mins||Photonic Media & OTSi||Andrea Mazzini|
- Photonic Media LTP Model Arrangements
- Aligned labels/terminology to ITU-T G.MEDIA
- Stephane questioned the need to model OtsiG-O
- Agree to first focus on the Forwarding model ignoring OAM aspects
- Do we really need to model Assembly CEPs if we do not model OAM ?
- Can the "Assembly/Bundle" Connection be represented without "Assembly" CEPs?
- Andrea presented various cases of SMC-NMC relationships below
- Why should we qualify SMC and not just call it a media channel - we need to qualify different types of media channels for discussion purposes.
- OTS, OMS, SMC & NMC are all media channels - lowerFreq, upperFreq
- Still we need to define the characteristics/definition of the SMC
- SMC = One or more NMCs + Guard bands
- Construct used for representing paths in the ROADM networks
- Clarified that the purpose of degree SMC above is to carry NMCs efficiently by applying guard-bands for some combined set of NMCs
- The SMC switch XC above represents a combiner/splitter abstraction - irrespective of the implementation technology (passive v/s WSS based)
- Both 1.3 & 1.4 are valid cases, but normally, in case 1.4, it may make more sense to model as 2 SMCAs
- Also possible to scramble NMCs in the SMCs (e.g. SMC1–>NMC1+NMC3, SMC2–>NMC2, NMC4)
- Update all the cases above to associate the SMC construction to the SMC XC rather than degree SMC CEP