11 December 2017
@Tracy van Brakle
Wireless Transport PoC Results
1) PoC 4.1:
- completed with success
- now in preparation both press release (or media coverage) and white paper
- Tracy (AT&T) will provide an overview of the PoC during the coming 'ONAP Development Forum' - WT SBI works great with ONAP, able to exchange inventory data with other ONAP component "active and available inventory", able to use SBI with other wireless equipemnt such as remote radio head and IOC centers, dist. antenna system - added interest from equipment vendors to work on an interface to base stations using WT work - hping to bring back more wireless work in ONF - incubate SBI within ONF using Core model, verify/validate with ONAP - SDN-R project in ODL - Tracy will present on this at ONAP
- ongoing review of proposals for model improvement. Target is to have a new version of the model
including ETH PHY within 1Q2018
3) PoC 5:
- starting to collect interest
- Target mid 2018
- not yet defined the sponsor operator.
Important note for OTCC TST: as WT we are using the model (and the Core Model in particular) in the equipment as
southbound interface from controller. This implies that for real implementation in field, a migration from a version to
the next one of the model should be backward compatible to avoid to scratch database and cause long outservices.
In our view we should define at OTCC level a policy for models and in particular Core Model implementation insuring backward compatibilities.
- not change the type of an object/attribute from version x to version y
- not change an enumerated list (only add)
Nigel: bw compat always a goal, but should take into account lifecycle stereotype in the model, e.g., "experimental" - these should be speculative parts of the model that are more likely to change; "preliminary" much less likely to change but still possible; "mature" or unmarked should be very unlikely to change - would use multiple releases to change with warning to implementors
Karthik - things marked "experimental" should be looked at carefully to provide feedback to the modeling team
Bernd - "experimental" - not mapped to YANG? check on if there is a rule - TAPI uses "preliminary" if YANG is needed? Karthik - change is related to prototyping which will bring greater maturity.
|future meetings and other business||Lyndon|
Next OTCC TST call would be 12/25 - postpone until 1/8
Reminder of doodle poll for March f2f meeting - please sign up if planning to go (looks like WT will participate - question on whether they are planning on meeting as a separate group or just with IM discussion)