Child pages
  • 2022-08-04 OIMT Meeting notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata




Discussion items






Action item status:

0 minAction item


Action items completed

Action items discussed

Action items re-dated 

  • Re-dated according to the review plan. See the call plan below for the document review plan

  • Nigel Davis   Review draft streaming document material (part of TR-512.8) (T65)
  • Nigel Davis   Assemble basic draft document material for streaming (part of TR-512.8).
  • Nigel Davis   Make corrections to the streaming model as discussed   including
  • Nigel Davis  Andrea Mazzini  Review first draft of skeleton OAM document and determine whether content can be partitioned between AM and ND. Aim for 1.6 release. (TR-512.9) (T5)
  • Nigel Davis  Provide a skeleton document as described in oimt2021.ND.005_OAM.pptx that sets out the rationale for use of existing FC and LTP to represent OAM entities. Note that the action "Nigel Davis   Early draft of OAM document using existing model and explaining key features that enable it to be used for OAM, then projecting this model towards a TAPI-like solution. Action item from 2021-09-23 OIMT Meeting notesis covered by this action.
  • Nigel Davis    Review draft Temporal Expression document. (TR-512.18) (T73) Note that the action "Nigel Davis   Draft temporal expression document" is covered by this action.
  • Nigel Davis  To take the Control Task notes from the OIMT 2022-06-16 minutes into documentation form. Some should go to TR-512.8 and some to OAM.
  • Nigel Davis  Review simplied Spec documentation (TR-512.7) (T56)
  • Nigel Davis  Need specs for the DSR NEP (has 4 bidirectional ports) and the CEP above it to describe the flow (TR-547-TAPI Reference Implementation Agreement_v2.0_am.docx slide 16)
  • Nigel Davis   Cover combinatorial rule for layer protocol options. "And" & "Or" in spec language.
  • Nigel Davis  Take the spec model, prune out the stuff that are not relevant to simple layer hierarchy, look at how to apply the general principles (slide 32) notation to the stack of layers & rules, write it in the context of the original spec structure. Note that the action "Nigel Davis  To prune out the unneeded stuff from the current Spec document so that to show the Yang "when" and "must" of the Occurrence pattern. Action item from 2021 Sep 07-10 : OIMT Virtual Face-to-Face" is covered by this action.
  • Nigel Davis  Construct simple spec example using layer hierarchy model for the OTN payload structure, try longhand form, correct number of occurrence set, based on some specific ports. Code it in JSON form of YANG. Note that the action "Nigel Davis  Lay out the spec model with sufficient occurrence pattern of equipment in it. Relate UML to Yang. Action item from 2021 Sep 07-10 : OIMT Virtual Face-to-Face" is superseded by this action.
  • Nigel Davis  To explore the programming language RUST
  • Nigel Davis   Review IETF/IEEE documents and CH slides and merge as appropriate into simplified spec. Action item from 2021 Sep 07-10 : OIMT Virtual Face-to-Face


Preview draft streaming document (part of TR-512.8) (T65)

  • The draft is in oimt2022.ND.007_TR-512.8_OnfCoreIm-Control.docx
    • With respect to TR-512.8 v1.5: 
      • Section 5 updated
      • New Section 6 Providing information 
  • ND went through the structure of section 6
  • ND went through the rest of the section
  • References to specific details from the TAPI implementation model (TAPI v2.1.3 Reference Implementation Agreement for Streaming (TR-548 v1.1) - December 2021)
  • Note for ND: In Figure 6-3 Stream Client "Control-WithLogAndStream-Client", to check the multiplicity 0..1 of the ReceiveFilter to ExposureContext.
  • Note for ND: Prune Figure 6-4 to focus on the RequestConstructor; 
  • MB comment: Need to describe the order/sequence/flow of the steps. ND: Agrees need to describe the details
  • Note for ND: In Sections 6.5.2 and 6.5.3 , turn the list into numbered list so that will be easier to refer to.
  • Flow improvement.
  • Aim to have next review in early September.
0 minNext calls

Individual's vacation plan: MB (August 11-31; Sept 19-30), AM (August 15-19), KL (August 22-26; Sept 19-Oct 12) 

  • Meeting planning proposal (where each meeting will deal with the corresponding actions (with the date of the meeting)):

      • Preview streaming draft
      • ControlTask document overview
      • Spec document draft overview
      • Equipment discussion/resolution and preparation for delivery of document
    • //
      • Validate progress and plan model and documentation development
        • Review all relevant minutes/action resolution and draft document progress against plan including
          • Streaming (T65)
          • Task (T57)
          • Equipment (T8a)
          • Temporal (T73)
          • Spec (T56)
          • OAM (T5)
          • Aggregate (T64b)
          • Views/Context (11b)
            • TR-512.A.15 (and corresponding TR-512.8)
            • This includes some aspects of controller zero trust (T78)
        • Consider progress on and plan for delivery of
          • Compute and storage (T36)
          • Media multipoint addition to .A.4 (T77)
        • Construct detailed action plan for delivery on target date  
      •  Review draft streaming document material (part of TR-512.8).
  • At each meeting we should check that we are on track for the planned items

Future calls agenda items for consideration

  • TIP/MUST papers (CH, ND)
  • Catalog / inventory storage application (CH, ND)
  • IETF work on physical inventory model (ND)
  • RBAC vs ABAC (June 2021 F2F meeting Tue 1.2 ) 
  • Finalize the write up on Multi-point Media Channel (later call) (Candidate for v1.6)
  • To recap the previous OIMT discussion on synchronization management IM (later call)
  • YANG augmenting 
  • Leo on location model

Action items