Child pages
  • 2022-03-24 OIMT Meeting notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Apology

Agenda

  • Admin
  • SG15-LS1 feedback on draft TR-512.A.15   
  • Progress of refactoring the Core log record into stream (ND) 
  • Papyrus model migration (for LtpPort) (ND, MS) - Deferred to next call
  • AOB

Discussion items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

15 minAdminAll

OIMT 2022 Virtual F2F in 2022. 

  • April 19 - 22
  • Potential topics added to the list
  • Will finalize the list next week

ONF open github https://github.com/OpenNetworkingFoundation/CoreInfoModel git attributes merged

  • Handle line endings automatically for files detected as text and
  • Leave all files detected as binary untouched
27  minSG15-LS1SS

SG15-LS1: LS/o/r on ONF OIMT early draft TR-512.A.15 on Controller Lifecycle and Security (reply to ONF-LS010 – TD801/WP3)

  • LS was received on 22 March
    • The attachment is a marked-up copy of draft TR-512.A.15.  
  • Nigel Davis  To post the LS on the liaison wiki page

Stephen walked through the Q12 & Q14/15 feedback on draft TR-512.A.15

  • The TR-512.A.15 draft was considered in the Q12 & Q14/15 February E-meeting
    • 3.2 The figure: Should reference Fig. 6-1 of ITU-T G.7701 Common control aspects (2022)
    • 3.2 Last figure: The assumption of entity relationship in the server to client contexts needs to be clarified.
    • 3.3 The Controller overview figure: Suggest re-labeing for consistency. Suggest to consider additional content of RDB.
    • 3.4.1 Client: Suggest to clarify that a client context is not aware if its cleint uses the CM for a network slice.
    • 3.4.2: "link" should be "interface"
    • 4.1 Platform creation: Might want to breakout CPU, memory, storage explicitly from compute resources. Still  under the heading of compute resources.
    • 4.2 Adjacent controllers: Need clarify what adjcent mean, client/server or peer?
    • 4.3 Need more discussion on Local planned resources and Local transport resources; In what contect does the Links belong to? 
    • 6.2 Multiple views: Clarify CPI. Does CPI contain one or multiple sessions
    • 6.2.1 View translation: Commonality with descriptions in G.7716.
    • 7 Controlled access session references: Similar to call control in G.7701. There are existing protocols for peer authentication and closed user groups etc.
  • Larger topic - Compute.
    • The draft provoked extensive discussion in Q12 & Q14 on the computing resources, the metrics that could be used to describe compute resources, and how they might be allocated.
    • What is the quantity of compute resources; how to allocate that 
    • MB: This first draft is try to identify the areas that we need to address.
    • MB: How to prevent a client from accidentally overload the compute resource of the controller impacting the performance. Then what do we try to constraint - memory, storage, etc.
    • SS: 6.2.1 compute resource recursive allocation: following networking recursion could be helpful, but for compute resources it will very limited in depth.  
    • SS: The boundary between compute & networking is becoming blurry.

Follow up:

  • More dialog between ONF and Q12/Q1, specially on compute.
  • Q12/Q14 e-meeting on April 12 & April 14
  • ONF should respond, even partial result
    • Need at least one more iteration of the draft
25  minCore Streaming modelND

Progress of refactoring the Core log record into stream (ND) 

  • Feedback from the 3 March OIMT call was that the direction makes sense
  • Nigel shared the work in progress: 
    • Streaming-uml.png
    • Last time talked about the entities related to streaming.
    • Has looked at two aspects represented in TAPI: 
      • The sturcture of the stream record itself: StreamLogRecord, StreamRecord
        • StreamLogRecord has LogRecordHeader and LogRecordBody (related to the content)
      • The stream capability: StreamProvider, AvailableStream, SupportedStreamType, 
        • SupportedStreamType (techincal characteristics of the stream) has LogDetails (mechanism such as compacted logging, time truncated logging etc.) and ConnectionProtocolDetails (protocol such as WebSocket  etc.)
        • LogDetails is related to StreamLog; 
        • ConnectionProtocolDetails is related to ControlPort
        • ControlInteraction: super structure
  • Will carry on in this direction. Simply experimental
  • MB: Who is in charge of what. Is  the user or other entity to pick the protocol of the Exposure Context. Exposure context is the content. Who decides how I view it. 
  minModel migrationND, MS

Papyrus model migration (for LtpPort) (ND, MS) Deferred to next week.

0 minAction item

Actions

Action items completed

Action items re-dated 

The following are proposed dates for the past actions. The action list has been updated to reflect this. The actions can be reverted/adjusted as necessary. Only actions that have been moved are listed.

Note that now provided in the bullet under each action item is the link to the source minutes that created the action item.

  • Nigel Davis  Talk to Martin on Papyrus model migration (for LtpPort) Action moved from 2020 OIMT Virtual Face to Face - Week of April 13 
  • Nigel Davis    Lay out the spec model with sufficient occurrence pattern of equipment in it. Relate UML to Yang. Action item from 2021 Sep 07-10 : OIMT Virtual Face-to-Face
  • Nigel Davis  Martin Skorupski  To prune/clean-up LTP and FC model into two interrelated small models (aggregates) and then generate YANG from them.
  • Nigel Davis    Draft temporal expression document. Action item from 2022-02-10 OIMT Meeting notes
  • Nigel Davis    Review IETF/IEEE documents and CH slides and merge as appropriate into simplified spec. Action item from 2021 Sep 07-10 : OIMT Virtual Face-to-Face  
  • Nigel Davis   Early draft of OAM document using existing model and explaining key features that enable it to be used for OAM, then projecting this model towards a TAPI-like solution. Action item from 2021-09-23 OIMT Meeting notes
  • Nigel Davis Hing-Kam Lam    To put together material/presentation to be shared with Arturo and TIP/MUST. Will point out the relationship between the Core and TAPI etc. models. Action item from 2021 Sep 07-10 : OIMT Virtual Face-to-Face
 0 minNext calls

 

  • Finalize April F2F topics
  • Papyrus model migration (for LtpPort) (ND, MS)
  • Spec model and language, get instance value and type satement in a single uniform definition/structure, refactor yang into json form, 

Future calls agenda items

  • TIP/MUST papers (CH, ND)
  • Catalog / inventory storage application (CH, ND)
  • IETF work on physical inventory model (ND)
  • RBAC vs ABAC (June 2021 F2F meeting Tue 1.2 ) 
  • Finalize the write up on Multi-point Media Channel (later call) (Candidate for v1.6)
  • To recap the previous OIMT discussion on synchronization management IM (later call)
  • YANG augmenting 
  • Leo on location model

Action items

  •