Child pages
  • 2019-11-21 OIMT Meeting notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Apology

Agenda

  • Administrative
    • Agenda planning for the 3-call virtual meeting in the week of Dec. 9
  • Technical
    • Feedback from ONAP discussion

Discussion items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

IM-DAdministrativeNigel / Kam
  • Future calls and meetings 
    • Virtual meetings:
      • Week of December 9: Three 1-hour calls in the week, one topic per hour, 3 consecutive days 
        • Nigel and Kam to start agenda planning
      • April 13, 2020: Long conference call (3-hour): Apr 13th, 06-09 US Eastern Time
    • Face-to-Face:
      • Jun 8 - 12, 2020: Face-to-Face in Madrid hosted by Telefonica
  • Agenda planning for the 3-call virtual meeting in the week of Dec. 9
    • Agreed to discuss the following topics 
      • Model structure (#13, TR-512.A.2), including aggregate and bounded context Chris HartleyNigel Davis (1 hour on 12/10 Tuesday 06:00 - 07:00 US ET)
      • Party model (#29, TR-512.13) (20 min on the Decoration restructuring) Chris Hartley (20 min on 12/11 Wednesday 06:00 - 07:00 US ET)
      • Location model (#30, TR-512.14) (20 min on the Decoration restructuring) Chris Hartley (20 min on 12/11 Wednesday 06:00 - 07:00 US ET)
      • Operation pattern (#43, TR-512.10) and Streaming (#65, TR-512.10) model, restructured into TAPI, control construct, Nigel Davis (1 hour on 12/12 Thursday 06:00 - 07:00 US ET)
      • OAM in the core model (20 min) Andrea Mazzini (20 min on 12/11 Wednesday 06:00 - 07:00 US ET)
    • Dates/Time
      • Time 06:00 -07:00 US ET
      • Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
  • Resilience in a normal weekly call

ONAP discussionNigel
  • Nigel reported on the feedback from the ONAP/Redfish discussion on the linkage between DMTF Redfish (cloud storage uml-like diagram) and ONF work
    • This interaction is triggered by the use of Redfish in ONAP (Alex Vull (Intel), working on ONAP, made the contact)
    • Nigel had f2f 1:1 discussion with Martin Halstead (HPE) who works on Redfish on 19 November
    • Nigel introduced the basic of the ONF core model, the network model, the Component-Port pattern (TR-512.A.2), Control Construct, Spec approach, Processing Construct, Constraint Domain
    • Martin resonated with the ONF slicing position
    • Martin was interested in the decoration pattern and spec approach noting that they were working with similar concepts in Redfish for the compute/storage space
      • Martin explained the challenge of specific proprietary solutions and the need for a generalized representation of these proprietary structures
    • Martin recognised the synnergy, some overlaps and some complementary capabilities
    • Proposal is that Redfish send a Liaison Statement to trigger more formal collaboration
    • In general, the discussion was positive in the direction to adopt the model pattern and base parts of their model solution on the ONF core model 
  • Questions to ask: 
    • Do they use any tooling for modelling and code generation? Anyone use Papyrus?
    • Are they an Open source organization?
    • Who are the key members to follow up with?
  • Bernd noted that SEBA is using the Redfish protocol between NEM and VOLTHA

Future call topicsAll
  • Review the list of work items (Planning & Work Items) to plan for 2020 works
  • Work item #6 Resilience examples (as called for by TAPI)

Action items

  •