Child pages
  • 2018-05-10 OIMT Meeting Notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


10 May 2018



  • Admin
    • Ottawa agenda plan
    • Attachments for outgoing liaisons (A.4, Control model)
    • Plan for Dec meeting
    • Rough plan for 2019 meetings
  • TR-512 v1.4 topics
    • ControlConstruct model
    • Photonic model
    • Software model
    • Lifecycle 
  • TAPI
  • Wireless Transport

Discussion Items

IM-DJune Ottawa meeting
  • Ottawa agenda plan
    • Chris' proposal
      • Day 1: Strategic
        • 6 & 12 month goals & vision
        • How can we be more relevant to ONF
          • alignment with ONF strategic plan

          • go through each ONF project and list possible collaborations (CORD, Stratum ...)

        • Strategy for other standards bodies/Open source activity
          • moving together

          • opportunities / threats / SWOT analysis brainstorm with yellow sticky notes

        • Review the model web page on ONF web site for alignment with strategy
      • Day 2-4: Finalize work items
      • Day 5: Review & Summarize (1/2 day)
        • Review work items for next 6 months

        • Prioritise work list spreadsheet

        • Recap of action items from the F2F
    • Agenda plan: oimt2018.KL.005.01.june-agenda-plan 
 Liaison attachments 
  • TR-512.A.4
    • Agreed to send the work-in-progress version to SG15 while it is still in team review
    • Nigel presented the work-in-progress model, which includes the Tuesday TAPI discussion result
    • In the LTPs, might further subsum the FCs into the LPs

  • Control Model
    • Material is stable, in editing to put the diagrams in and adding surrounding text
  • Plan for December 3 - 7 Meeting
    • Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: Most of the time will be one room (OIMT & OTCC joint)
    • Anything to demo? Suggestion:
      • Hand-on TAPI workshop
        • Including Tooling
  • Rough plan for 2019
    • 1Q (February or March 18-22) in Darmstadt, Germany (Middle Hemisphere), host by DT (To be confirmed)
    • 2Q in Asia (China, Japan), need host
    • 3Q in Australia (Weather in September in Australia will be fine) Host: Cisco (Chris),
    • 4Q in California, co-located with ONF "CONNECT 2019" workday 
  • Progress of ONF URN NID
    • Kam & Scott will work on the draft for applying the root node NID from IANA
  • Equipment model for TAPI
    • Access Group: Group of pins
      • It is the most abstract part of the equipment model, above it is functional. At the boundary of physical and functional, it is physical
    • Cable is a bunch of strands, has length, has connectors (can have more than one connector at a cable end); cable is out side plant
    • A strand is a single fiber (or copper wire), has length, has type;
    • Strand (strand span)
    • Pin, Pin Group


 Wireless Transport Not discussed
IM-FTR-512 v1.4Nigel
  • ControlConstruct model tidy up and update
    • No update until this morning,
  • Photonic model update 
    • Nigel is updating to add the "Strand" object class, Cable bundles Strand, Strand has serial component strands,

  • Software model 
    • Chris and Nigel had discussion earlier this week, some twist, Nigel regenerated the document, Chris will review; should be ready by end of May
  • Lifecycle updates – State transition review 
    • Not discussed (too few people in the call), plan for May 31st in IM-D or IM-E

Action Items