The Ambassadors Program governance structure consists of four main groups:
- Ambassador Steering Team Members (A-team)
Ambassador Steering Team (aka A-team)
The A-team is the Ambassador Program's 5-member body that oversees and manages the program. The A-team is tasked to ensure that the Ambassador Program runs smoothly and that Ambassadors are fully supported. The A-team members are directly nominated and elected by the entire ONF community. Comprised of ONF staff and volunteers, the A-team has the following duties and functions:
- Review and accept/reject applications to join the Ambassador Program;
- On-board, mentor, and assist Ambassadors worldwide;
- Oversee and support Ambassador activities;
- Oversee the program’s finances;
- Oversee the production and distribution of program's SWAG;
- Oversee nomination and process to elect new A-team members;
- Resolve disputes;
- Serve as advisers in strategic decision-making at the organizational level.
As of April 2021, the members of the Ambassador Steering Team are:
- Ain Indermitte (Open Networking Foundation, Menlo Park, California, USA) - term from 2Q/2020 until 1Q/2022
- Andrea Campanella (Open Networking Foundation, Milan, Italy) - term from 2Q/2021 until 1Q/2023
- Andres Madero (Infinera, Tampa Bay, Florida, USA) - term from 2Q/2021 until 1Q/2023
- Łukasz Łukowski (Edgecore Networks, Leszno, Wielkopolskie, Poland) - term from 2Q/2020 until 1Q/2022
- Scott Swail (Lumentum, San Jose, California, USA) - term from 2Q/2020 until 1Q/2022
Past members of the A-team include:
- Alexis Munyandekwe (Altran Technologies, Rennes, France) - term until 1Q/2020
- Aris Cahyadi Risdianto (National University of Singapore, Singapore) - term from 2Q/2019 until 1Q/2021
- Charles Chan (ONF, Menlo Park, California, USA) - term until 1Q/2020
- Jian Li (SK Telecom, Seoul, South Korea) - term until 1Q/2020
- JianHao Chen (Edgecore Networks, Hsinchu, Taiwan) - term from 2Q/2019 until 1Q/2021
The next A-team election is scheduled for 1Q/2022.
Electing Members of the A-team
Formation of the A-team. The A-team is formed by four (4) elected members and one (1) appointed ONF representative.
Term. Each elected member, unless otherwise agreed by a majority of the A-team, shall be elected to serve for a term of two (2) years, or until his or her earlier resignation or removal.
- Election. An election is held once per year during the first quarter. Half of the members (two people) will be elected in each election. In the event that any elected member seat becomes vacant prior to the distribution of nominations for the next election, more than one (1) month prior to the next planned election, the A-team may call for an election for any such seat.
- Nomination procedure. Any ONF member company representative, community member who is eligible to vote in the TST election, or active ambassador can nominate an active ambassador, including himself or herself, as a candidate to the A-team. The candidate then provides a brief introduction about his/her background and experience of the Ambassador Program.
- Voting eligibility. Any ONF member company (one vote per company through its representative), community member who is eligible to vote in the TST election, or active ambassador is eligible to vote in the A-team elections.
- Voting procedure. The voting procedure will be defined by ONF and usually follows the format of TST elections.
- Amendment. The amendment of this election process will be effective if and only if it is agreed by a majority of the A-team.
Ambassador Steering Team Voting List 2020.
Ambassador Steering Team Meetings
The A-team meets at least once a month or more frequently as needed. Please refer to the meeting notes for instructions on how to join the meeting.
Mentors are experienced Ambassadors who provide mentor-ship to Ambassadors who have just joined the program.
Mentors are responsible for:
- Helping their mentees become familiar with the Ambassador Program and their responsibilities;
- Assessing their level of technical expertise and providing them tutorials on a particular area of the ONF projects (when applicable);
- Monitoring the progress of their mentees and being their key contact person;
- Providing feedback to the A-team.
Ambassador Advisers are individuals who are not active ambassadors themselves but who advise Ambassadors when their help is solicited. In particular, they provide technical guidance to Ambassadors who want to brush up their knowledge of a particular area of the ONF projects.
To become an Adviser, please contact the A-team directly at email@example.com.
Ambassadors are individuals who are knowledgeable and passionate about ONF projects and initiative and who want to promote these in their part of the world to build a strong local community. When joining the program, an Ambassador agrees to take on some or all of the following responsibilities:
Represent ONF and its initiatives in his/her region;
Promote ONF projects and its mission;
Inspire, recruit, and support new contributors;
Document clearly all his/her activities for the benefit of the broader community.
To see a detailed description of the different phases of the Ambassador Program, click here.