Collaborating Innovators are both Innovator members (paying ONF membership dues) as well as active community members contributing personnel and/or resources (minimum of 1 FTE or equivalent). Adding collaborator recognition to an Innovator membership does not require any additional financial contribution beyond what is required for Innovator membership.
Collaborator Recognition Requirements
What is required of a collaborator? The main requirement is to bring value to one or more ONF Projects and the related community. How can you do that?
By dedicating resources to help with a project (CORD, ONOS, SEBA, VOLTHA, STRATUM, etc.) – in development, testing, documentation, or any number of other areas.
By integrating projects with your products. Integrate ONF projects into your products and help these projects become the platform of choice for service delivery.
By deploying ONF projects in your network.
Contribute and maintain source code on behalf of ONF projects.
Collaborating Innovator Recognition Process
What is the process to become a Collaborating Innovator? It is simple:
#1: First - Sign up as an Innovator Member
#2: Aligning Contributions
You may seek alignment early on to ensure the work you are contemplating is aligned and grant you collaborator status. This early alignment saves time for everyone involved and increases the chances that contributions will be beneficial for the project. This step is not required -- if you have already completed work on a contribution that you are ready to make to the project, the alignment process can be skipped and you can move on to the recognition process described below.
- Document the contribution you are interested in making. You can use the template found here or you can send us a document with details about your contribution, the resources dedicated to this effort and relevant information around deliverables, milestones and dates.
- When ready, send your proposal to the appropriate Technical Steering Team for review: (CORD's is: firstname.lastname@example.org) using subject format "COLLABORATION PROPOSAL from" and add your company name. The technical steering team will review the proposal within 3 weeks and provide an initial determination. That determination will indicate the level of interest and alignment, and will probably include a number of questions. It may also include a request for a meeting to further discuss the proposal.
- Once the appropriate project TST signs off on the proposal, members of the ONF will be happy to help get you onboarded into the project if you have any questions about the tools and processes that you should be using to collaborate.
- Once you have started making contributions, please follow the steps below to receive recognition.
#3: Recognizing Contributions
Once you have made a demonstrable contribution (source code committed and delivered in a release, for example), the collaboration can be recognized and announced. You'll be upgraded to Collaborating Innovator, your logo will be put onto the ONF website and appropriate project web site and the logo will be added to standard presentation templates.
- Please use our Recognition for Request form to let us know when you have started making contributions. This form gives us useful information that we can use to share out about the great work you’ve been doing. Information on here may be used for blog posts, tweets, newsletters or other communications.
- By becoming a collaborator, you are opting-in to receive occasional emails from ONF about relevant project news and topics. You may choose to opt-out of these communications.
Collaborator status is tied to ongoing activities, so it is important to stay in touch with us about the work you are doing. Please make use of the community's tools to share what you are doing and/or send us updates directly. After a period of 6 months of inactivity, you may lose your collaborator status (in which case you'll be downgraded back to an Innovator assuming you are current on your ONF membership dues).
To be re-recognized as a collaborator, simply reach out to us with information about your ongoing activities at marketing @ opennetworking.org
Thanks it. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at marketing @ opennetworking.org!